We have all encountered a motivational quote on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and everywhere else. You may resonate with some while others are just too cheesy to bear. Inspirational and motivational quotes aim to….well do just that, to inspire and motivate. But have you ever stopped to think about what it is about your favorite quote that really inspires you?
We have broken down 5 reasons why motivational quotes might inspire you.
- Sometimes we feel stuck and lack the courage to take the next steps toward our goals. Discovering an inspirational quote that resonates with us energizes and serves as a powerful reminder to keep moving forward.
“The mind is everything. What you think you become.” Buddha
2. Discovering new quotes often leads us through a series of internal questions which can be deeply introspective and offer fresh perspective to challenging times that we may be facing.
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” Amelia Earhart
3. Inspirational and motivational quotes have immense power in validating our emotions. We are able to recognize our own thoughts, feelings, struggles and desires which can grant us a sense of comfort in knowing that we are not alone.
“You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” Christopher Columbus
4. The words of great leaders and influential people often turn into powerful quotes. These quotes are a way of sharing lessons learnt with the rest of the world to learn from too.
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
5. And sometimes, a motivational quote just exists to make you laugh and bring a little light into your life.